Mesh coils are basic wide metal strips with punched holes to make them a piece of mesh. These are made to provide more surface area inside the vape coils.
Mesh Vape Coils
The greater surface area of the mesh coils means more coil gets in contact with wicking material, which translates to additional contact with the E-liquid. When the coil heats up, more Eliquid gets vapourised all at once compared to a single vertical coil made from metal wire. Smok Nord Coils are the best Example of Mesh Coils.
Benefits of Mesh Coils
As you know by now, the biggest advantage of the mesh coils in a vape is linked to their larger surface area.
- Only this property of the mesh coils leads to the following:
- A quicker ramp time, as the coils get heated swiftly
- Amplified and intense flavour, also giving out more flavour.
- Consistent vaping experience owing to the even heat distribution
- Mesh coils last longer as the accumulated heat in a single area leads to burning, and this is why distributed heat minimizes the event of having burnt vape coils.
- Regarding the taste factor, vapers report experiencing amplified and better flavour production via mesh coils than regular coils.
- Power factor, the mesh coils require much less power to heat up and give optimum performance.
- Ease of use, the mesh coils are mostly cross-compatible with the pre-existing vape tanks. This means you get to try out the performance of mesh coils without buying a whole new vape tank.
Mesh Coils and Users
The mesh coils are perfect for any and every vaper. As mentioned earlier in the post, mesh vape coils offer a steady and reliable vaping experience with more vapour production and a fantastic flavour.
The thing to note here is that mesh coils come with a larger surface area and use more E-liquid. This difference is enough that a user will notice the switch from a regular coil to a mesh coil. This gets important when you are a beginner vaper and want to fill the vape tank only a few times a day. This is why most beginner levels vapers are advised to avoid the mesh coils – at least for the time being.
A pro vaper with a sub-ohm vape tank that takes higher powers is also likely to go through more speedy e-liquid usage. This is why vapers can also choose to avoid mesh coils.
However, the mesh coils come with their benefits and must be tried.
Priming Mesh Coils
- Take out the mesh coils out of their packing
- Get your E-juice bottle
- Start dripping the e-juice slowly through the mesh coil from the top and stay within the cotton.
- Wait after pouring a few drops.
- Check out the wicking holes thoroughly on the sides, and they must get saturated with the vape juice.
- If the wicking holes are not saturated yet, continue dripping the e-liquid until they are saturated.
After priming the coil, now seal the tank and fill it up with E-liquid. Now you can vape it immediately if you want; however, it will be best left alone for five to ten minutes. This time interval will allow the wicking material to soak up more e-liquid.
The Mesh vape coils are ideal and have been seen to boost the quality of vaping experience. With the introduction of MTL mesh coils, more vapers can experience and enjoy the benefits, including long-lasting coils and a more steady flavour.